Wednesday, March 16, 2011

They Have Arrived, My New Chair Covers!!!

I find it hard to discard something just because it is no longer fashionable, well lets be honest buying a new dining suite just because the old one is out of date is just something I cannot afford, but what should I do?

So I lived with the my suite which even though it is 12 years old it is still in mint condition, and then not long ago I was reading
 Shellagh's Blog Ticking and Toile and there they where, the most perfect chair covers, exactly what I needed, not too frilly but just the right colour and they were for sale at Shellagh's Etsy store(the link is on her blog).

This afternoon the postmand delivered a package and I was delighted to find the covers beautifully wrapped in white tissue paper with a pretty blue ribbon and a sweet handwritten card and a delicious smell came wafting out also included was a little bag of lavender and a pretty card, so unexpected and so wonderful.

What you cannot see is how well made they are and the material is just so soft and obvious quality, I am so in love with my chair covers, these will go perfectly with my new colour scheme(its on the way).

Come join me at bella vita fresh-clean-and-pure-friday

8 comments:

  1. they do make a difference -- I really like them. Now you do have a "new" dining room set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really, really cute, Sharon. I need to check these out because I only have one set on my kitchen chairs, and I would like to be able to change them out while I wash the other set. They look like linen! Pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely simple but elegant design..I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really change the character of the chairs. Good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference a little change can make!You have a lovely blog, I'm so happy I hopped over. Wishing you happiness. Hugs and Happy Spring! Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am taking part in Seasonal Saturday this week so am just hopping around the fellow participants to say hi. A great way to give your chairs a new lease of life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what you have done to the chairs, how very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's just amazing what one or two little changes can make to our homes! Thanks for sharing on Fresh Clean and Pure Friday/ Seasonal Saturday!

    ReplyDelete