Sunday, March 13, 2011

Old Friends!!



I love these old friends, I like to enjoy them with a cup of coffee, what am I talking about? of course my home decorating magazines or a good book, my problem is how to store them, I really do not want bookshelves everywhere but if left to my own devices sure my home would be overrun with books and this basket just wasn't cutting it. I have been looking for a large magazine holder,  not one that only holds a 7 to 8 Magazines,but something I can store at least a 100, I found it yesterday.
Now this is a Magazine holder! I can see a few enjoyable afternoons revisiting these old friends.
You may remember I was looking for somewhere to place my cloche, and while rearranging my magazine/book collection, and here it is, this is a table in what we call our family room it really is the heart of the house,but as is so often the case decorating it is usually left to last, its a comfortable room but stylish no, I'll let you in on a secret very soon that green lounge is going, my children have grown up and so now is time for a cream lounge, it will be hard to send another old friend on it way, over the years this lounge has served us well he is 19 years old and has the battle scars to prove it, there is a good sized scratch where our daughter jumped up with her white buckle shoes and lacy socks, she now wears stilettos, there is a definite sag where my husband and I both sit, he cradled my babies when they had fevers, but it is retirement time for this old friend, I do not think I will feel the same about his glossy cream replacement but he has to go. 


And while I am at it I also picked up these cute little jars for my kitchen windowsill, I though they would be great for garden cuttings and it was only $9.95 so home they came.

13 comments:

  1. I love the magazine rack you found, they all fit perfectly! I love old friends as well and curling up with them and letting them inspire me! :) Your new find is beautiful, I love the jars and your cloche looks great there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great items and that rack definitely holds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your magazine rack looks great! I also love your jars for your window sill. Fresh cut flowers will look wonderful there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great magazine rack find. I hoard many magazines myself and some are sitting in cardboard boxes for now.
    I can picture some flowers from the garden in the two jars.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the jars and its holder. I have stacks of Country Garden and English Gardens magazines so I know what you mean about old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome magazine rack! It is pretty when empty, and can hold many, many magazines! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little jars so pretty in the little basket. We have a cream sofa in my living room it’s a bit like your green one, but I love it We have just started our next project after the bathroom. The entrance hall and stairway are about to get a face-lift. I want a light airy feel it’s dark and dingy at the moment. I am on the look out for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your old green couch looks so comfy and worn in that it seems a pity to replace him with one you're going to have to be so careful with. Love your new magazine rack and your bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great solution. I have a basket that holds quite a few. I find I am not buying magazines as much because there is so much on the internet.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new magazine rack. It holds a LOT of mags. Those are some different looking jars. I like them. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's a my kind of magazine rack! Those jars are adorable! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful finds! The glass jars are lovely! Enjoy the gorgeous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon, the magazine rack is wonderful! I'm the same way...and I continually search for a nice storage area as I seem to collect magazines...and books. :-) Your kitchen is soooo pretty! The little bottles are cute ~ you will definitely enjoy them. Can't wait to see your new sofa.

    Hope you're having a great week!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete