Friday, March 18, 2011

I Love a Rainy Saturday!


This morning we got rain, not just drizzle but real soaking rain, it's Saturday so I made myself a coffee and went back to bed to read some of Petals on the River, yes I love a good romance every now and then.

Then it was on to a few of those things that seem to never get done, one is hanging my new Candelabra, for some reason our dining room never had a central light which really did not worry me until I decided I needed a chandelier, which would mean electricians and all to install , I found this candelabra and I think it fits the bill nicely. I am not sure if I will light it but for $49 I am happy with the glitter it gives.
It really goes well I think with the new chair covers,now all I need is to apint those walls, we are almost there.


<><><><><><><><><><>
<>
<><><><><><><><><><>
Next was on to hanging some prints I purchased from Etsy recently, after seeing a post at Fishtail cottage I just had to get some of these prints for my office ,the frames where from Target they had generic pictures in them so I swapped them, they where on special for $20 each This is my office where I actually work from home so the files are real and nothing was changed in the taking of this picture.


While I was at it I thought I would also show you the straw mat I picked at Bunnings recently for $60 its great for under my desk and I like the feel under my feet, below is another angle of my office, I probably should have taken the laptop bag out of the picture:)

Join me at The Charm of Home at Home Sweet Home and
Bargain Hunting with Laurie and Show off your Cottage Monday

8 comments:

  1. Your candelabra is perfect in your dining room..just the right size and the right amount of shine from it. I can just imagine how the new paint will change the entire atmosphere of the room too. I hope you get it done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having a rainy Saturday here too, and I'd gladly trade it for a sunny one!
    Love your office - just the right amount of business and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your chandelier! I would probably light it all the time, knowing me. What color are you panning to paint the walls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your chandelier - it is so cute and DOES match your chair covers perfectly :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you got a lot of things accomplished and everything looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your candelier! What a great idea to use that in place of a chandelier. It's the perfect addition to the room. Your office looks like such a great place. That rug looks so good in there, and those pictures are great! Thank you for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chandelier is beautiful! I also love your prints and straw mats. It all looks very nice. Thanks for linking up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rainy days are awesome to get so much done! The chandelier is perfect! Love it! Thanks for sharing this post at Fresh Clean and Pure Friday!

    ReplyDelete