Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Night Entertaining and a 2 Ingredient Dessert!!




Most Friday nights we go out with a regular group of  2 other couples and their kids and ours if they are free, tonight it was too hard to organise the kids etc so w decided we would do pizza and salad at our house.
One thing you won't see much of me blogging about is cooking because I just don't enjoy it but ,when I do cook it has to be healthy, taste great and be easy, this summer dessert is all of these things.
 
Thread seedless grapes onto skewers,here I have used red and green . Melt chocolate and drizzle over the skewers, refrigerate and enjoy with you friends, they are always a big hit.





Next Easy Peasy Pasta Salad,
Cook Pasta
Blanche Beans
Drain canned corn
dice 1 red onion
diced 1 red capsicum
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes quartered
1 cup of store bought French Dressing
1/2 cup of flat leaf parsley
Combine,refirgerate for a couple of hours and serve, serves 10 to 12

add a couple of bottles of champagne, a Bottle of New Zealand Semillion Sauvignon and some Crown Lagers and its a great night.

I am heading over to How Sweet the Sounds Pink Saturday

10 comments:

  1. I love pasta salad! Thanks for posting this :D
    I think it's neat y'all get together every Friday night, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm going to do those grapes, especially for the grandchildren. We freeze grapes in serving sizes and love to snack on them watching TV. that pasta salad looks so bright and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grape idea is new for me - I can see that it is something that will appear here this summer - pretty, easy and it has to taste good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is this party and what time shall I be there? That macaroni salad is so pretty, festive and perfect for a summer night. And I love the threaded grapes. I am definitely going to make that for the grand girls when they visit. Have a wonderful wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like just a wonderful delicious and healty dinner. The idea with the grapes is super. And, it all looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very successful Friday night! Thanks for visiting me today!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always nicer to entertain at home rather than eat out I find. Great food.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Pink Saturday!


    Love grapes!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of the pasta salad. Hope you had a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't mind me, just catching up. :) Those grapes look amazingly good! I have never thought to do that and I know the kids would love them! The pasta salad looks so good and fresh! Thank you for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete