Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday


I had to add this picture I took this morning while driving through Burwood quite an old suburb of Sydney,
This is a beautiful example of Colonial architecture, it now stands on what is the corner of a very busy road just over from a crossover bridge for the Western Sydney Train Line.
Besides being wonderful example of Australian architecture, I also like to think about what it could tell you of the people who have lived there.
Above the front step is the houses name which was a popular thing to do back in the early years of Sydney, this house is called 'Chontai' I have googled this name but cannot find any significant meaning.
The colours used to paint this house are traditional for the original time period, not too sure about the picket fence though.


Then my husband and I drove over to Silverwater on the Parramatta River for breakfast at the Armory, yes this was the place where arms where and still are stored.

We watched the rivercat go up and down ferrying people to Circular Quay in the heart of Sydney.
Mr Infatuated my husband enjoyed a traditional breakfast of bacon and eggs, now the plan was to take a picture however we waited so long that when the food arrived I completely forgot to take a picture of my yummy eggs Benedict and home made baked beans,but Danny's was still picture worthy.
     
And then Mr I and I went shopping at DFO(Direct Factory Outlet) ,he was so well behaved and happily shopped for the next 2 hours, what bliss and what a great Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great way to end summer! Glad you have had a lovely weekend,

    Best wishes for a fabulous week,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely time ~ the breakfast looks yummy. Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like a good breakfast, cooked by someone else, and then a ramble. I enjoy walking through the older neighbourhoods in Victoria, looking at the older houses. Many of them resemble the one you've shown, and I think it must be that many of the original residents were retired British army and they built houses, bungalows, that reminded them of their times in Ceylon and India.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic is that? YUMMY! Have a wonderful day!!~ XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon! It's so nice to meet you! I hope you enjoy blogging, I sure have- although it has it's ups and downs! ...but it is so fun to meet people from all over with similar passions in life. :) Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had such a fun Sunday! :D I like the look of the colonial houses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect day Sharon! I am so glad that you got to enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete