Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Kitchen Table Bargains!

There is nothing I like better than a bargain ,I  bought these Candles for my Kitchen/Family Room table which is where we eat most of our meals .
I have a feeling that they where Christmas decorations that never sold ,most probably because of the price!

I love them because they are original and I have never seen anything similar ,I also love the price originally they where $29.95 each ,yes! that is correct so the three of them would have been $90 no way Jose would I pay that much,the good news is that they where $9.95 hmmm thats more like it.

So I bought them home and placed them on the table ,and well here is the picture .

Not even changing the angle improves them!


So I lived with them for a few weeks ,and thought about them for a few weeks ,I didn't want to diminish my happiness for the bargain that they were by paying fortune for a platter to be placed beneath them.

So today I went shopping to the local bargain store.
Three glass plates and 2kilo of river pebbles later and this is how they look now.


   All up they cost me $29.85 (candles) plus $12.95(plates and stones ) Total $42.75
         I think I still need more colour but overall I am ecstatic with my bargains!
           I would love to hear any suggestions for some additional colour ,I am not at all  keen on ivy which I have already considered ,far too Christmassy I think!




Photobucket
a href="http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Just Married with Coupons


I am also off to BNOP for Metamorphis Monday
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2011/02/pottery-barn-bedford-office-progress.html

18 comments:

  1. I like them just the way they are!!! You did a wonderful job with the pebbles and glass plates!! It really dressed them up very nicely!! I don't think they need anything else at all. Great job and great bargain hunting!!! Don't you just love finding a great deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for joining our "Where in the World are you Wednesday Blog Hop!" We're following you back! Hope to see you next week =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl - those are great. I almost bought some over the holidays at Pottery Barn and put them right back down because of the price.

    If you want some color - or colour, haha - how about some green moss - the floral moss they cover floral blocks with - tucked under the pebbles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Sydney in Australia - I'm from Sidney in Canada! Nice to meet you and you have a lovely blog. Nice bargains you got there, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them with the pebbles. They look great as is...what a bargain! You can bring in more color with placemats :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look like birch trees... Beautiful... Heading out to a thrift shop today that I had visited when I first moved to my house.. Haven't been there in five years so I'm looking forward to my trip! Your find is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them! The birch bark look so real and I love the pebbles you placed with them! Great bargains my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. following you now. please follow back at http://my-2-cents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. They do look like birch logs...probably spagnum moss could be used instead of the pebbles if you wanted a 'forest' kind of look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of the outdoors being brought inside! I need to find candles like those~ love them!! Hi~ I am your newest follower from the blog hop & would love it if you stopped by and followed me back :) (My name above links directly to my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-) I pretty much LOVE those candles! I really like the idea of putting colorful placemats under them for a little punch of color. Even a white table runner would look really pretty and really brighten it up. And you could even put little votives around them too. Can't wait to see what else you do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon, these are wonderful! I love them with the plates filled with stones (Great idea). if you think you need something for color, you might try some figures of animals between the candles (rabbits, deer, squirrels - animals you'd find in the woods). What a great deal you got on them! Thank you for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look awesome!

    I found you from the blog hop :)
    following.

    ecwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the new candles, and I love those chairs! Mine are similar, but I like how yours have dark and light in the weave - mine are banana leaf and a little too monochromotic. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting - I need all the advice I can get!
    Did you see Oprah when she was in Australia - what a beautiful place you live!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gotta love a good bargain!!! great buys! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those new candles. They are beautiful. I see that you are from Sydney...my daughter's name is Sydney. I found you over at Laurie's party. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much. Looking forward to keeping up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete