Monday, February 28, 2011

It Feels Like I have Won and Oscar!!!

So I meant to google a picture of an Oscar Award ,instead this guy pops up, and truly I think he suits me better.
It has been a big week in Blog world for me this week.
First of all it is my 2 month anniversary , I know I know I cannot celebrate every month and hopefully I will start to calm down about it, and then today I reached 100 Followers/ Friends which has totally amazed me, isn't it wonderful that I now have 100 more people in my life who like things that I like.
My 100th follower is Lynne at Cottage Creek, Lynn has 98 followers and I am really trying to be the 100th on hers, I find it amazing that now I have 100 new people in my life with similar interests. I have learnt so much in this last 2 months a look back to my earlier posts tells me this, although I do know I have a long long way to go but isn't that half of the fun of blogging.


The other great thing that happened this week, Sheri @ The Simasek- Kibler Project honoured me with a Stylish Blogger Award, I have been following Sheri for some time now and really enjoy her blog if you haven't already please pop over and take a look.


 One of the things I am required to do is to tell you 7 things about myself:


1) I am very competitive and constantly have to pull myself back and think why it is that I am doing something


2) I am an absolute Type A personality once again I need to reign myself in


3) I grew up in a very poor family and was determined that my children would have everything they needed, now I did not say not everything they wanted but what they needed there is a big big difference between the two.


4) I am addicted to coffee and must have at least 2 cups in the morning to get started


5) I have just discovered wine, until a year ago I could not stand it, however it looked like such a  relaxing thing to do and in moderation is very enjoyable, it is definitely an acquired taste


6) Both my Danny (husband) and I have never smoked and cannot understand why anyone would want to, both of our children have smoked and I find this very distressing, it seems that all of the education is just not getting through


7)I should end this on a lighter note because sometimes I am too serious, my favourite movie the UK version of Death at a funeral, its quirky, its wrong but it is very very funny. Just recently the Chris Rock version was on Telly(TV) and I watched it fully prepared not to enjoy it as something just always gets lost in the remake ,however this was almost as funny and both are enjoyable movies.


Now drum roll please:-D the 7 blogs I wish to pass this on to are:


Art @ Home


Babbs Place


Shirley Behind the Lens

Sydney City


7294 Cottage Way


Opulent Cottage


2805


This has been so hard to do as all of the blogs I follow are wonderful in their own way, if you have not seen these before please visit them and leave a comment we all love getting comments I know I do:D
Stylish Blogger Award....
Rules
-Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post. 
--Share seven things about yourself.
--Award seven recently discovered new blogs.--Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award.

14 comments:

  1. Aw, Sharon, you are so sweet to think about me! I won that award a couple of months ago, and the award (along with some other stuff) disappeared from my sidebar! I need to stick it back on there.

    Congratulation on winning it. I love your blog! :D I am a type A personality, too.

    Since you like wine, I just discovered a neat blog called goodwineunder20.blogspot.com. A writer named Deborah Harkness writes it (she is the one who wrote A Discovery of Witches).

    Have a fun day today :D

    xoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much! You are so kind to mention me. I am so glad to find you...way over there! I will blog about the award this week! Thankyou again so much! I feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award. You are definitely one stylish blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is'nt blogging fun? Congrat on your milestaones. I ♥ coffee too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I laughed when I opened up your blog and saw Oscar! I was totally expecting the statue as well! I love him! :) Congrats on the award, the two months and followers! Blogging is so fun and it is so great to know all the wonderful people that share the same interests!
    I could not stand wine until about a year ago as well. I always wanted to like it because it did look so relaxing an enjoyable. Slowly I am finding ones that I really love!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon! Congratulations on your award and on two successful months of blogging! Though you weren't my 100th follower, 102 is WONDERFUL and your sweet email this a.m regarding it really made me smile. I told my sister about how you wanted to be my 100th since I was your 100th ... too funny! Loved reading your 7 Things About Me. I received the award last month and it was fun to do. Congrats, again, and God bless!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for coffee...I'm not giving it up! XO
    Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is wonderful and I strongly suspect that you are too! I so appreciate your stopping by. I look forward to getting to know you ~ LOVE your place of residence.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You've done amazingly well to get this far over 2 months..at two months I am sure I had about 3 followers! I know what you mean by the message not getting through about smoking. Three of my five kids took it up..Mr T has just given up a few days ago and is on nicotine patches..they are now a lot cheaper being on medicare. I hope he succeeds..it's his second day and he told me this morning he can smell things better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for thinking of me Sharon!!! So sweet, and congratulations to you on yours!!! Love Oscar. LOL!! I shall have to pass this along soon!!!! Thank you again SO MUCH!!! Wishing you a beautiful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats my dear, and now you have 104 and counting. I'm following so I won't miss a thing, xoxo tami

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the 100 followers and the Stylish Blog Award. You are certainly deserving. You have a beautiful blog and I enjoy visiting. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very well deserved award! Have a gorgeous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A belated thank your for passing this honor to me. I plan to do a post on this in a few days. I'm just running behind, as usual.

    ReplyDelete