Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Awards!!! and my 50th Post!!!



Oh My! I just got an award from   The Cape On the Corner what a crafty creative blogger and I love to get my craft fix by reading her blog .I am so excited tp receive these awards and what better way to celebrate and write my 50TH post.

I may have mentioned this before but I have been blogging for 6 weeks ,and my main concern after ' would anybody read my posts' was 'would I run out of writing material' so far so good.

As all of you may know I need to tell you 7 Random facts about myself and pass it on to 15 other deserving bloggers ,Easy as a walk in the park ,passing it on yes , Random facts not so sure:)

Here goes:

1)I love to watch Tv ,preferably the Lifestyle Channel especially 'My House is Worth What' which is funny because its mostly out of date by the time I see it in Australia
2) I have a confession I am a Mortgage Broker ,I know not the most popular profession at the moment ,but I actually love it ,it combines my love of homes ,my desire to assist people meet their goals and my analytical mind ,plus it puts to use my more than 30 years of working in the Financial world, and I get to work for myself from my home.
3)We have 2 great kids Rhiannon(yes we did get it from Fleetwood mac) and Ethan (yes we did get it from John Wayne when he played Uncle Ethan) .
4) If I could I would love to live in another country preferable America in medium sized country town ,did I mention I love the US.
5) I am travelling to the US later this year for 3 weeks and I am beside myself with joy and excitement
6)I can trace my family back to the second convict fleet to sail from England ,Yes us Aussies actually admit to this now ,my husband can trace his lineage back to Robert the Bruce of Scotland ,my kids have real mixture,I also have some Jewish heritage
7)I have considered doing a Home Exchange holiday but have never been quite game enough ,I know one day I will as I think this would be an amazing way of stayng in another country .

Now for the easy part passing this on to some deserving bloggers:-
















If you have recieved this award please pass on to another 15 deserving bloggers!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats! I loved getting to know you more! Wow you are coming to the US in May? That is getting closer! How exciting! Where are you going to go visit? I love that you would do the Holiday switch, I was just watching that movie the other night and if I was brave enough I would switch with you! :) Love the names of your children, Fleetwood Mac is one of my favorites! :)
    Thank you so much for passing this award on to me! It has been fun getting to know you Sharon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! I Hope your trip to the U.S. is full of excitement, wonder, and fun, fun, fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 50 posts and the award-enjoy! Thanks for the shout out:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for thinking of me..that was so sweet! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked reading all about you, and congrats on your award! Where are you going in the US? I hope you make it to the South :D

    Congrats on 50 posts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all worry about having enough content to post about but ideas seems eo manifest themselves. Thanks for visiting me. hugs♥O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your awards, Sharon! It was so nice to learn more about you. I have a great-niece named Rhiannon...lovely name!
    Thanks so much for thinking about me -- you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww...you are so sweet! Thank you for the award! I had to laugh about the Rhiannon name because I saw a Valetine's movie a few days ago and the main male character was going out with a blond girl name Rhiannon and someone said to her "Oh, like Fleetwood Mac". And the girl was very young and was totally at a loss. Anyhow...LOL. I have to now find 7 things to say about myself. This should be fun :D

    Angie
    Linen + verbena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much..it is a real honour to be thought of by you! Congratulations to you too..and I hope you will continue to enjoy blogging for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol, congratulations to you! & thank you so much for including Fishtail Cottage in your feature - you are so sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for my award! That is so sweet of you! Congratulations on your 50th post too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your 50th...It's always so nice to read about our blogging friends too... Thank you for sharing...and have a wonderful week "Down Under"...
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! I really enjoyed reading more about you and your interest. It's always fascinating to me to hear about someone in another country. The Home Exchange would be a bit scary, but you are right ~~ such an opportunity! I only heard of this recently.

    I really appreciate being given your award. I'm so pleased our paths have crossed.
    Congrats on 50 post and keep 'em coming! :)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete