Monday, January 3, 2011

What can be Better than Shopping - And Saving Money

Well that's how I see it ,I took my long suffering husband shopping today which combines his 2 least favourite activities Shopping and Spending money ,he just fails to see how much I saved, lets see if you see it my way:


Savings $16


Savings $14.05


   


 Savings $20.05


This is my mums birthday present I love the Dan Samuels silver (it is solid silver)
basket it is such an every day item but is made out of something beautiful like silver - savings $69
and Sugar and Cream set in bone china -savings $31.50 ,I may just go back and get myself a basket I love it so much

Lastley a Jamie Oliver professional Knife set $150 ,a shopping pull along trolley so that I have no excuse not to walk the 2 .5 KLMs to the shops and back and hopefully get a bit fitter- Savings $34.50,
Pizza Stone - Savings $20
All in all a total of $355.10 saved and something for my mums birthday ,plus hopefully an incentive to walk each day, I really think my husband is better off not seeing these things as he really loves to have a nice house and give people presents he just does not enjoy the process needed to achieve it ,oh well he can't be perfect all of the time.



3 comments:

  1. Hi-
    I just wanted to let you know the part 2 blog tips is coming but It might take a little longer then I thought. Hopefully this will help you out till I get my post together :)

    http://my3boybarians.com/2010/03/what-is-a-permalink-how-do-i-find-mine/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Kristin at "My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia" my first ever link party for Cottage Flora Thursday's is up & running! Inviting you to come over & link a cottage garden post you may have & please advertise "Cottage Flora Thursday's" on your post that you link....& if your not already a follower - please follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husbands just have a completely different way of thinking don't they! Although I'm about to embark on the 'year of living frugally' (once holidays are over!!) I completely get where you're coming from :)

    ReplyDelete