Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pink Carnations ,Day Lillies and a Feng Shui Frog

I love fresh flowers and I always try to have them in the entry area ,unfortunatley my garden does not have lots of flowers for cutting and even if it did I cannot bring myself to do so as i love to see them in the garden too,this is todays display ,my choice was very limited I could only get Pink carnations and Pink Day Lillies ,Day Lillies are my favourite .

It seems that a lot of supply has been impacted by the floods ,yesterday I had to place an order for new work pants for my husband as they are warehoused in Queensland and no idea when they will be in ,then the fruit shop had a little less choice and now only a few choices of flowers not the usual abundance ,maybe we are spoilt and this is a lesson we needed ,so much has been taken for granted.

The orchids in the bottom right hand corner are actually from Christmas ,I cannot believe how long they have lasted.
I also had to include a photo of my little fengShui frog with the coin in his mouth ,these are supposed to be good for prosperity ,who knows ,I like him anyway.

I do like the fengshui principles as they often have sound reasoning I think though that my mirror is in the wrong place perhaps I need to do some more research and post about what I find later!



I have just linked up to whassup wednesday please take a look!  http://www.elements-interiors.net/


I have linked to Cottage Flora Thursdays Party
http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com/2011/01/cottage-flora-thursdays-3.html
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/01/pink-saturday-january-22-2011.html

http://bellavita-bellasblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/fresh-clean-and-pure-friday_20.html
Please join me at La Bella Vita Fresh Clean Friday


I am also attenting Fertilser Friday
http://www.tootsietime.com/2011/01/fertilizer-friday-flaunt-your-flowers_20.html

I am linking up to Jenny's Alpha party
http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/01/alphabe-thursdays-letter-p.html

23 comments:

  1. Hi there!... I just popped over from Tracie's party at Fishtail Cottage... your flowers are so pretty, love those gorgeous colors!... and your little Feng Shui frog is precious!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful day lilies! I am still so sad about the floods...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon! Thank you for coming by and leaving such a wonderful comment! I love your photos and your little frog is so perfect! I hope that he brings you lots prosperity! :) Star Gazer lilies are one of my favorites and their fragrance is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon you lillies and carnations are lovely and I just love your little frog. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Maybe you could drop by and help out with my accessories dilemma!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! My post for Pink Saturday is about Carnations. And I have to say even with the limited supply, your flowers are stunning.

    Angie
    Linen + Verbena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this post is full of true pink perfection! So very lovely.

    We did a whole flea market booth of pink accents.
    Come take a peek:

    http://metislinens.blogspot.com

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon! Thank you for linking up at Whassup! Im your newest follower! Beautiful blog!

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are divine~love them all.

    I'm a new follower of your beautiful blog (visiting from Pink Saturday)

    Please come visit & say hi!
    http://nauticalcottageblog.com
    http://mgphotoart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon Sweetie...
    What a gorgeous pink share today. I have so enjoyed my visit. I love your orchids and to know that they have lasted from Christmas. You must definitely have a green thumb.

    Carnations and lilies are two of my favorite as well. I love the smell of carnations. They are so fragrant.

    I am Country Wings in Phoenix, your newest follower. I can't wait to see what you share next. Please pop over and say hello. I would love to have you visit, and be honored to have you follow my blog as well. I love meeting new friends and sharing our day to day lives as we move along in this world.

    Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am the same way. I could cut the flowers...but just can't bring myself to do it! Instead I just spend HOURS in the garden and enjoy them that much more! thanks for linking in this week...I do hope to see you join me again soon! I am a new follower...and am happy to be...I will be back as often as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your pretty blog via Pink Saturday! I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back! Looking forward to reading your blog. Orchids are one of my favorite flowers btw.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fresh flowers are beautiful! They really help brighten up January:@)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your arrangements! The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply stunning photography, I'd love to have such beautiful blooms in my house too to brighten up my very grey day today :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Those stargazer lilies are lovely, but their smell is too strong for me. Whenever I get them, I have to put them in a big room.

    It's a great scent, though, in small doses!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow your flowers are stunning. They look perfectly gorgeous!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  17. You certainly are a good photographer! Your flowers are lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect pink photos...

    Lovely flowers..

    Your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. pretty in pink ;)
    happy alphabe-thursday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful flowers! Before I knew there was such a thing as feng shui, I used to move furniture around in a room until they felt like they fit in their proper places.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty garden! I can't wait for Spring to get here!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  22. We have Trader Joes grocery stores in our area and their flowers are gorgeous and so reasonably priced!

    Today I got three bouquets for 20 dollars!

    Your pink lilies and carnations are gorgeous, though. And I didn't know orchics lasted that long either.

    Thanks for a particularly charming stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "P".

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved all your flowers and I think maybe I need to get one of the frogs. So cute. Take care.

    ReplyDelete