Thursday, January 6, 2011

I am Going to My First Party

http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com/
I am so excited ,for months now I have tried to work out how to attend all these wonderful parties in blogland ,and yet it always failed me.
So persevered ,as Tracie at http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com/ is having a Garden Party and I so wanted to be there and guess what (drum roll please)I have done it .
Please pop over and have look ,I know I am supposed to post this link on my sidebar ,but so far how to do that escapes me ,what can I say ,I love Gardens and Houses but not really computers :)
I love cottage gardens but after 10 years of extreme drought many of my cottage plants have turned up their toes ,and as most gardeners know it is best to go with the flow ,so my garden is more of a Sub tropical cottage garden.
You will find ,as I post more pictures the odd Rose ,Camelia , Gardenias and even a Crab Apple tree but these are only ther because they where hardy enough to survive on no extra water in the hight of summer.
In this land of extremes we are having a very wet summer which comes with its own issues like soot and mould on the roses etc ,so for now it's best just to stick to what will live.







4 comments:

  1. Hello and thanks for visiting me too!... Your gardens look beautiful, I especially love the stepping stone path... wishing you sunny skies and warm days in your garden... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the one thing that is the most difficult for us gardeners...submission to the elements! i can't tell you how many times, summer comes back around and i replace the same plants i lost during winter. Curious what zone you are in? I absolutely love the picture that has the trees hovering above you! Thanks so much for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for popping over,great t o meet another sydney girl..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky You to be in the heart of Summer while we "Chill Out"!!! Your gardens are beautiful...
    Happy New Year to you Down Under,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete